Watch our recorded webinar about this topic below:
- Your instructor will inform you which proctoring system will you be using.
- In both ways, you will be using the LockDown Browser.
- The difference with Zoom Live Proctoring is that you have to join a Zoom meeting before the exam and you will not have the same startup sequence in LockDown Browser.
Online Exams Pre-Requisites
- Disable the antivirus, firewall, and VPN, and change the security level from high to medium.
- Install & update LockDown Browser and Zoom.
- Open LockDown Browser.
- Login to Moodle and click on Help Center.
- Choose LockDown Browser with a webcam and make sure that you pass all tests.
- If you have any issues, check the Knowledge Base and the minimum requirements.
- Perform a Mock Exam.
Dealing with Technical Issues in Mock Exams
- Take a snapshot of the error, and
- Email it to the IT Helpdesk and CC your instructor to keep him/her updated.
- An IT engineer will contact you to resolve the technical issues and avoid such errors in the future.
Steps to Follow Before the Online Exams
Please follow the below steps 30-60 minutes before your online exam:
- Restart your device (close all applications)
- Check internet speed through: https://www.speedtest.net/ (more than 20 Mbps)
- Open Google Chrome, Go to Moodle & Login to your account
- Go to your course and find the online exam
- Click on Check lockdown browser – This is optional
- If you have any issues, check the Common Issues sheet and if you are unable to solve it, reach to the HelpDesk.
At the time of the exam: Refresh the Moodle page in Google Chrome, click on Launch LockDown Browser, go through the startup sequence, and click on Begin.
Steps to Follow After the Online Exams
Respondus Monitoring will keep recording the video and audio until you close the LockDown Browser. So, Make sure to close the LockDown Browser and restart the device.