B.Sc. in Computer Engineering
- Produce computer engineers who are able to apply the theories and principles of science and mathematics to the design of hardware, software and networks in the emerging IT fields.
- Produce computer engineers capable of building prototypes, working both with hardware and software aspects of systems design and development.
- Prepare students for professional careers and to pursue advanced studies in Computer Engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
The objectives of the Computer Engineering Program are to prepare graduates with:
- Knowledge and skills in hardware and software design & implementation.
- An understanding of how to implement and manage computer networks.
- An ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Self-learning skills.
The above-mentioned goals will be achieved through the following program objectives:
- Develop skills in analysis, design and implementation of logic circuits.
- Provide an understanding of the organization and interaction of various parts of a computer system.
- Develop an ability to design a software component and implement it using a high level programming language.
- Provide an understanding of how computers communicate in a network
- Develop skills in implementing client/server based local area networks
- Provide knowledge and hands-on practice on securing LANs using Routers and Firewalls.
- Develop an ability to formulate and explain a solution to a technical problem orally and in writing.
- Develop self-learning skills by searching for information and acquiring knowledge independently.
Graduates can find a wide range of job opportunities as Design Engineer (computer hardware, software and systems), Network Administrator, Network (Systems) Engineer, Network Programmer/Analyst, Network /Information Systems Manager..
Students at Ajman University of Science & Technology (AUST) are eligible for a Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering after completion of 140 credit hours. This includes industrial training in summer sessions that is equivalent to 4 credit hours. The minimum cumulative grade point average for graduation is 2.0. For students transferring credits taken at other institutions, it is required that at least fifty percent of third and fourth year courses be completed through instruction at AUST.
The normal entry requirements for applicants are the UAE Secondary School certificate (Grade 12), with a minimum overall score of 70% (scientific section) or an equivalent qualification certified by the Ministry of Education, UAE. In addition to this an applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 70% or grade C in Mathematics and Physics. For more details please visit undergraduate admissions