B.Sc. in Computer Engineering
- Produce computer engineers who are able to apply the theories and principles of science and mathematics to the design of computer hardware, software and networks in the emerging IT fields.
- Produce computer engineers capable of building prototypes, working both with hardware and software aspects of systems design and development.
- Prepare students for professional careers and to pursue advanced studies in Computer Engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
- Provide knowledge and skills in hardware and software design & implementation.
- Provide an understanding of how to implement and manage computer networks.
- Develop an ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Develop self-learning skills.
- On successful program completion, graduates are able to:
- Design and implement digital circuits and systems.
- Analyze and explain the organization and interaction among various parts of a computer system.
- Develop a software component and implement it using a programming language.
- Describe how computers communicate in a network.
- Demonstrate skills in implementing client/server based local area networks.
- Identify information and networks security threats and select appropriate countermeasures.
- Communicate and explain a solution to a technical problem orally and in writing.
- Search for information and acquire knowledge independently.
- Demonstrate general education knowledge in diverse fields.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in engineering and information technology environments.
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge in math and in engineering related area.
Graduates of the computer engineering program can work in a wide range of industries and services, including but not limited to the following:
- Industries engaged in the field of computer hardware and software development.
- Companies operating in the area of information systems and computer networks.
- Computer services of public administration.
Students at Ajman University of Science & Technology (AUST) are eligible for a Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering after completion of 140 credit hours.
The normal entry requirements for applicants are the UAE secondary certificate (Grade 12), with a minimum overall score of 70% (scientific section) or an equivalent qualification certified by the Ministry of Education, UAE. For further information, please refer to the university admissions policy.
The normal entry requirements for applicants are the UAE Secondary School certificate (Grade 12), with a minimum overall score of 70% (scientific section) or an equivalent qualification certified by the Ministry of Education, UAE. In addition to this an applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 70% or grade C in Mathematics and Physics. For more details please visit undergraduate admissions