- 04 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Install & Manage Office 365
- Updated on 04 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based secure office. With Office 365, you can access files anywhere, use 1TB of file storage for each user, and work with the rich features of the web version of Microsoft Office. Office 365 applications include Outlook, online storage with OneDrive, and the ability to install the desktop version of the latest Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
You can access your Office 365 through this link, or by navigating to:
Keep in mind that you need to log in using your username including the domain (i.e. email@example.com) and your password, which is the same as the one you use for the other services at AU.
Microsoft Office can be installed as an Office 365 user at Ajman University, this means that you have access to install Microsoft Office to your local computer at no charge. Office 365 can be installed using your AU account on up to 5 personal machines.
The local installation includes the following programs:
- Windows: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype for Business, and OneDrive for Business.
- Mac OSX: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Skype for Business, and OneDrive for Business.
- Note: Skype for Business formally Lync, and OneDrive, are both separate installs for OSX.
Install Microsoft Office 365
- Once you log into Outlook, click on the App Launcher on the top left of the screen, as illustrated below:
- Click on Office 365, as illustrated below:
- Click on Install Office, as illustrated below:
- In the Install Office drop-down menu, click on Other install options, as illustrated below:
- Click on Install Office which in the blue box, as illustrated below. This will automatically download a Setup file for Office 365.
- Click on the installed file, as illustrated below:
- Click on Run to start the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, the below window will appear.
Manage Microsoft Office 365 Installations
You can view and manage the number of installations and details for Microsoft Office 365 by following the below steps:
- Once you log into Outlook, click on your name on the top right of the screen and then on My account, as illustrated below:
- Scroll down and click on Manage under Office Apps, as illustrated below:
- You will be presented with a list of all devices which have Office 365 linked to your account, as illustrated below:
- To deactivate an installation, click on Deactivate, as illustrated below. You will be presented with a confirmation message to deactivate an installation.